Wednesday, January 9, 2013

December 31

PHowdy ya'll!

First of all, that's super crazy that Brittany and Chelsea are both already engaged. I heard that Chelsea was getting married but not brittany and now I am just astonished. It's crazy. I agree with Tyler's viewpoint. That's crazy. What is happening to my world? Everything is going to change real quick. When I read what you said about what Tyler said I almost busted up laughing. I miss that kid. He's a stud. I miss Levi too. It was awesome dominating kids in tennis back in our glory days like 5 months ago. You should tell those kids to write me a letter or something but not come visit me because that's not smiled upon but I'm sure ya'll knew that.

Every morning when I wake up I say my prayers, go to the bathroom, drink some water and then walk to our front door and look out our little peep hole. This morning I looked out the peephole and what did I see? SNOW! It was actually enough to cover most of the ground and make snowballs! It was super sweet and I literally leaped for joy. The sad thing is it will all be melted in like 3 hours but it was boss. Boss to the maximum amount. I am so happy about that!

Anyway, tomorrow is transfers. I am staying here in Rio Rancho and I did not get a call by president telling me that I am training or district leader or anything like that. Hallelujah. I am not ready for either of those things. Also, there was a dying missionary who had his departing interview a couple days ago in President's office and he took a gander at the transfer board and told everybody the transfer news and what is going to happen basically throughout the whole mission. So I basically know everything that is happening in our zone and I know who my new companion tomorrow will be. I'm not gonna tell you his name or anything though. All I will tell you is that I think it should be a sweet transfer with him because I hear he is a crazy hard worker and we are gonna work smart and hard and make some legit things happen here in the Star Heights ward!

This week was pretty good though. In our little white handbook it says to take advantage of holidays and sundays because families will be home and whatnot and that it's the best time to proselyte. My analysis is that the handbook just says that so missionaries aren't being lazy and sitting around because this Christmas and New Years week has for sure been one of the slowest weeks we've had so far. It was pretty disappointing especially since the week before we had sweet week and taught more lessons in one week than I've ever taught. That week was boss. This week was slightly boss but as for how many people we were able to see and teach it was a pretty slow week.

One of the highlights of our week was one of the times we were able to meet with Shariy. On this particular visit we were reading from Alma 34 (which is basically the coolest chapter in the BoM for sure) and it was going really well. Then Geno showed up. He had just been at a funeral for his uncle who had recently died and he told us some really neat spiritual experiences that he had this past week involving the death of his uncle and whatnot. He started crying and then started reading from Alma 34 with us and some things really stood out for him while he was reading. Geno received some revelation and recongnized the power behind the BoM on that day and realized what it can do for anyone who will carefully study it and pray about. I think this will be a turning point for the Shariy and Geno. We set a baptismal date with shariy for the 9th of Feb and when we invited her to baptized on that date she said that she was thinking a lot about baptism and the month of February stuck out to her and that that is when she thinks she should be baptized. Shariy and Geno also had some really good conversations and Geno told her that he might be ready to baptized when she is ready. They still need to be married though. My new comp and I are going to drink some boldsauce this week and tell them what needs to happen and what they need to do. We will ask how we can help them to be married and it will be amazing. Miracles happen especially when we are exactly obedient to what we are supposed to do and that's what we are going to do.

Also, we reset a baptismal date with Malachi because he is just not ready for baptism. He really wants to be baptized but he hasn't read or prayed about the BoM and Joseph Smith. His new baptismal date is on Feb. 1st. He should be able to make it by that date. Miracles happen, I know that they do.

I know that this is the Lord's work and He is in control of it. I am more sure of it each and everyday and my excitement also grows for it each and everyday. The fact that the BoM is the word of God is something that has changed my life and can change everybody's life. At this time of year I am more grateful than ever for the Savior and His Atonement. Only through Him can we become perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect. This is the greatest truth that we can find in this life. I love this gospel, I love the Savior, and I love all ya'll!

Peace and Love,
Elder Black

P.S. the pictures are me with mleap for joy because of snow, me and my dad with our ultra fat MEGA windsor knots and the last picture is a pretty horrible picture of the missionaries in rio rancho. That's me and Elder Jones being excluded.









No comments:

Post a Comment