Saturday, September 22, 2012

And he's off!

Well, before Josh left for his mission he asked me, Kait, his big sister if I would manage his Facebook while he was gone. Well, even better, I started him a blog. I will post updates from him here :) I've never blogged before so if this thing is a mess, just be patient with me or feel free to help me out!

Here's what went down on Josh's last few days before heading to the MTC:

-We got to spend some good quality family time together before Josh went off. We had a big family dinner at Grandmas house on Sunday, let me tell you, there is nothing better. The people and the conversation are always amazing. There is something about her house that just makes you feel good. Not to mention the food is always the best EVER! Josh was so happy to have some of his Moses Lake buddies that go to BYU, come out and have dessert and say goodbye. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. How comforting for Josh to know that his friends support him. Seems like he has really great friends. Thanks again you guys! Josh also got to play some football with Dad, Jake and Jason.

-Josh played some tennis with Dad and Jake and went to the Timpanogos temple with our parents.

-On Josh's last night with the family we got family pictures done. Good thing he has always been a cheese ball and likes his picture being taken ;) I think my other brothers would protest. Cam and Kiley came from Rexburg to join the festivities and Cam shared some brotherly, missionary advice. Afterward we had a fun dinner at Kneaders.

-The next morning we had another awesome meal at grandmas before we took Josh to the MTC. Our uncle Danny and cousin Jimmy came out to say goodbye that morning. We took some pictures then caravanned to Provo... Mom, Dad, Jake and Josh, followed by me and Jason, and Cam and Kiley bringing up the rear. We said goodbye in the parking lot, it was hard to do but it definitely was the right thing. We left Josh in an awesome place to go change lives and do amazing work.

It is hard to say goodbye. I love that kid so much! Having lived away for years it shocks me to see how grown up he keeps getting. Yes, sometimes I still expect him to be a little boy, running around pretending he was Mario or a dog named Ralphy. But the truth is, he's grown up to be an amazing young man. He's a great example to me and everyone around him. I'm sure he will be an inspiration to the people of Albuquerque! I'm so proud to be his big sister. How lucky am I?




No comments:

Post a Comment